Tuesday, June 4, 2013


I have finally made the time to finish the second blooming leaf scarf.  The blooming parts are woven with taupe chenille, and the body of the scarf is woven with two strands of taupe rayon.  Not sure if I like it yet, but I have felt with this warp that if I finish it, it's a success.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and I've had fun doing it.  We'll see what happens when it's washed and dried.  I'm sure it'll soften up, as it's a bit stiff right now, and I'm hoping the pattern settles down a bit.

The next question was what color to put in the weft next?  I played around with red, but I'd just finished the red and black log cabin scarves; then, I pondered another hand dyed weft, but it might look too much like the first one.  I love monochromatics, so I thought I'd try black.  I've got black chenille--same as what's in the warp--for the pattern weft and black bamboo for the tabby weft.  Hard to see the pattern, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it.  I'm just going to use the leaf part of the pattern over and over again, no separating blocks or in-between parts.  It'll just be swirly, yet subtle!
  The paper clip on the bottom is to remind me to weave the floating selvedge in when I cut  the finished scarf off.  Somehow, it was floating way above every thing else when I wove the hem!
  I need to get outside and plant those poor shrubs still in containers from two weeks ago, then it's off to Tuesday Weaving!  Must fix that last (I hope!) threading error!