Inside Projects

 I want to be outside digging in the dirt, and it hasn't really been too cold, but I just don't want to be cold and wet and muddy!  So, I've been doing inside jobs, like painting the office a lovely brown-toned mint and off-white, and knitting a lot.  The other day, I went to a knitting group meeting, and afterwards, stopped by the local yarn store.  The selection was so disappointing, all hand-dyed and variegated and not suitable at all for what I had in mind, which was a brown tweed for a sweater for my son.  I ordered some yarn I felt lukewarm about, and left unsatisfied.

  But, there's a quilt shop around the corner.  So I went in.  And they have a whole wall of batiks, which, in my quilting days, I loved!  Turns out, I still do.  I bought a bunch of fat quarters in colors I thought would go with the last quilt I was making when I quit quilting, way back in 2004, when I got my first loom  
matchy-matchy
  When I got home, I pulled out that quilt, still in pieces, and looked long and hard at it.  Wow.  If something you've made yourself makes you say Wow, it must be worth finishing.  I worked on it a little last night, and then started knitting and watching t.v.  And I noticed that the sweater I'm knitting is the same colors!  Clearly, I like orange and green together.  Which is weird.
  Anyway, I've been re-bitten by the quilting bug!  Which is also weird.


 And while knitting, I've learned to make fingers, which you would know if we're friends on facebook, but I'm still extraordinarily proud of the fact that I know how to make fingers.  I want to make more.  But first, I have to finish that sweater, and then, that quilt.








Over the holidays, I got gift cards from people at work, and made a trek to IKEA, where I'd never been before.  Oh, my!  And I bought this shelving unit for my yarn.  Before, it was all over the studio, in bookcases that I wanted in the library.  Now, the bookcases are full of books, and well, just look at that lovely yarn!  Makes me want to weave something!
 In the meantime, take a gander at this orchid.  I'm learning how to take care of them, since I've inherited 4 from Mom.  They're very different from anything I've grown before, but I'm getting the hang of it.  This one's hanging out at work with me.
  Speaking of work, I should get back to it.  Talk to you soon!


Comments

LA said…
Hey, Maggie! You've been busy! Orange & green???? Now that's a shocker...but, it is really working in your sweater and the quilt project. Get busy so we can see it finished. BTW, I was shocked to read that you had never done gloves. I was sure that you knew how to do that. That shelf looks amazing...it makes me want to go down and work on my shelves. We'll catch up soon!

Popular Posts