Secret Knitting

 This time of year, we all have secrets.  Every time I think I should blog, I pause and think, about what?  I can't show much I'm working on, in case someone sees something they'll be unwrapping at Christmas.

    One thing I can show is the gingerbread replica of the library where I work.

It's going to be the library's holiday card!  It now sits in front of the circulation desk, lit from inside and smelling wonderful.  

I can also show you my Christmas socks!  I started them yesterday, and have just finished the cuff this morning.  It's the Gingerbread color way from West Yorkshire Spinners.  It's browner than I thought it would be (hello?  gingerbread!), but I like the self-striping it's got going on.  I think they'll just be all stockinette to show off the stripes, and to keep it simple while I answer the Info-Line at the library.







And my early Christmas present was a daughter-in-law!  Rachel-Kate and Matt eloped in New York City two weeks ago.  Aren't they gorgeous?  Of course they are! 

They're back in Nashville now, working hard to get their Christmas orders filled.



And this year, I did something I never thought I'd do:  I bought an artificial Christmas tree.  It's much bigger than the normal Norfolk pines I usually have, so I needed more ornaments.  Lots of angels, stars and hearts, with new beaded icicles and white lights cover the tree, sitting in the front window.  It's so cheerful to come home to, all lit up, on these short, dark days.  

Behind the scenes, there is a lot of crafting I can't show you, but I'm sure you understand!  Happy holiday season!

Comments

LA said…
You're just a busy little Christmas elf!!!

Popular Posts