Back in the Saddle Again

On Monday, I wrote about being on a roller coaster, and I did sincerely wish to get off.  Really.  But on Tuesday, a friend told me she'd heard a rumor.  I assured her I knew nothing about it, beyond making a couple of remarks about replacing the outgoing pastry chef because I was bored to tears with stuffing okra and making peanut butter.
  Someone took me seriously.  A couple of someone's, actually, and they met with me today to offer me the position.  And now I am no longer a Preservationist.  I have one more day to pickle beets with strawberries (184 jars short of the last order!), and pickle some collard greens for an event in South Beach next week.  I have the weekend off, the last weekend I'll have in a long, long time, and then, it's on to my next chapter.
  I spent a few hours this afternoon writing menus, and to say I'm rusty at it is an understatement of great magnitude.  I want a new direction, a new inspiration and a new signature style.  I know I want classic techniques that showcase southern, seasonal elements.  I'll keep you posted.

Comments

LA said…
Oh Boy!!!! This sounds like a thrill ride for sure!!!!
Theresa said…
Oh congratulations! How wonderful is THAT!
Good for you.
Tina J said…
I can feel your excitment! That is wonderful!
Bonnie said…
Congratulations! You will be good at whatever you job. Sounds like this is what you wanted. Yeah! You go girl!

Popular Posts