Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

On Monday, I wrote about being on a roller coaster, and I did sincerely wish to get off.  Really.  But on Tuesday, a friend told me she'd heard a rumor.  I assured her I knew nothing about it, beyond making a couple of remarks about replacing the outgoing pastry chef because I was bored to tears with stuffing okra and making peanut butter.
  Someone took me seriously.  A couple of someone's, actually, and they met with me today to offer me the position.  And now I am no longer a Preservationist.  I have one more day to pickle beets with strawberries (184 jars short of the last order!), and pickle some collard greens for an event in South Beach next week.  I have the weekend off, the last weekend I'll have in a long, long time, and then, it's on to my next chapter.
  I spent a few hours this afternoon writing menus, and to say I'm rusty at it is an understatement of great magnitude.  I want a new direction, a new inspiration and a new signature style.  I know I want classic techniques that showcase southern, seasonal elements.  I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

LA said...

Oh Boy!!!! This sounds like a thrill ride for sure!!!!

Theresa said...

Oh congratulations! How wonderful is THAT!
Good for you.

Tina J said...

I can feel your excitment! That is wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! You will be good at whatever you job. Sounds like this is what you wanted. Yeah! You go girl!