A DIY Birthday

This past week was my birthday.  You read that correctly.  If you don't know this about me yet, you should realize that my birthday is the most important day of the year for me.  Luckily for me, there are others who know this, and help me celebrate accordingly.  My sister and mother came to Knoxville this past weekend to enable me and my birthday party.
  My sister Liz is very handy, knows how to do just about everything NOT involving thread or needles.  I had plans for her, and she made up a few jobs to do, too.  First, we mowed and weed whacked.

  Next, she hung hooks on the front porch to hand a fern and an old window.  She taught me to use a stud finder, so I was able to hang another old window in the living room.







Then, she decided I needed a ceiling fan on the front porch for my birthday gift.  I've always wanted one, but had no idea how to do it, and an electrician friend quoted me a price that was way too high.  Liz did it all, mostly by herself, with my help with the heavy lifting.  It makes the front porch so much more enjoyable!  


Next, we hung up the big beautiful mirror I bought last winter.  It brings so much light into my bedroom!  It reflects the chandelier, as well as the outside light, and I love it!



 We also had time to drive to Nashville and have dinner at the restaurant where my son is now Executive Chef.  Yes, I am a proud mother!  The restaurant is Adele's, and it's wonderful.  He ordered everything for us, and we passed dishes all night.  This is the dessert aftermath.  It was all wonderful.  And just as we were finishing, a famous food writer came in for dinner, someone I know well enough to talk to and let him know who the chef is.  I'm hoping he'll write good things about the place!
  Today is the day after, everyone is gone, and it's back to reality tomorrow.  But I've had a wonderful week, with friends and family.  Thanks to all who played a part in it! I'm looking forward to next year!





Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, sounds like you enjoyed yourself and got some work done all at the same time.
LA said…
That meal looks amazing! So glad you got to spend some time with M. Now....back to the celebration.
Tina J said…
Happy Birthday week! What fun!

Popular Posts