Status of the Finishing Resolution

 The finishing has begun!  I have finished this sweater!  I believe I actually finished knitting it several years ago, but had to re-knit the sleeve caps a few times, because the pattern as written makes the sleeve caps way too small for the armholes specified.  I have found this to be true a lot lately, and I have to say that it's annoying.  Consumers should assume that a pattern is tested before it's sold, and be able to knit an item according to instructions without fear!  But it isn't always so, and I need to pay more attention as I knit garments.  
  I don't like the color of this sweater very much.  I had a dye-day several years ago, and a friend wanted me to dye some wool for him in exchange for some dyed cellulose yarn.  I gave him this cotton-silk yarn, as well as a bamboo warp, and he chose lemon and lime.  I ended up liking the warp, weaving it with contrasting colors, but this sweater... It doesn't look good on me!  I need to try it with a navy shirt to get the lemon-lime away from my skin, I think.  But it's soft and warm, and best of all, finished!

 This morning, I finished the fuchsia-black warp, hemstitched and all!  I love this warp, one warp I'm sad to see end.  It's been fun weaving each scarf with a different weft.  I started winding the challenge napkin warp this morning, and hope to have it ready to thread by Saturday, my next day off. 



 And my next project to finish is this shell that I started knitting probably 5 years ago, a KAL from Interweave Knits Magazine.  I started out gangbusters, then something happened and it languished.  Then, the sleeves came out too small in the cap and a little too short for my chubby upper arms.  I re-knitted the sleeves, and they are ready to be sewn in.  
Purl "helped" assemble the green sweater last week.  She looks just like a teenager now, all legs and torso.  She learns new things everyday, like Treat Time and there's yummy things in the fridge.  She's beginning to be curious about the front door, which scares the daylights out of me.  If she gets out the door, she's gone!  

Comments

LA said…
Congratulations of finishing so many projects! You are an inspiration! Just like all babies, Purl is growing up too quickly!!!! (Still precious, though!)

Popular Posts