Lazy Sunday--Sort of...

It's a gray, rainy day, again, and no one feels much like doing much around here.  It looks like nap time, pretty much all around the house, at least if one has a fur coat on.


 But I've been busy! Yesterday, Pam and I wound the warp for the baby wrap.  It sure is easier to wind a big warp when someone else is doing half the work!  And I love this warp.  It's going to be bird's eye twill with a black weft, in case I didn't already say that.  I'll start threading before I have to go to work this afternoon, and finish it up early this week. I have Wednesday and Thursday off this week, so I think can get some good weaving time in.

The dish towel warp has some issues, but I just figured out this morning that one of the issues is a treadling error, because when Lillian and I put the pattern into her computer program, it didn't show the tabby throws coming out askew.  When I put it into WeaveDesign, there they were.  There are some mis-threading issues, which I will fix later, but it's a relief to know it's not everywhere, which is what it looked like at first.  There are some throw errors, too, where I wasn't paying attention and threw the tabby twice in the same shed, but this is a big warp, and I can cut some off after I fix the mistakes.



And I just had to share this.  I was so excited to get such a good score, a little tear collected in my eye.  I have a great team, and am so proud of them for helping make this happen!
  Back to the loom!  Happy Sunday!

Comments

LA said…
Congratulations on your 99% score!!! You rock!!!! I really love the colors of the baby wrap....who is the lucky momma? Your fur babies have the right idea--nap on rainy days!!!!
Sharon said…
Congratulations on that score, one point away from absolute perfection!!!!

Popular Posts