Where am I Now?

Dear friends,
I know it's been a very long time since I posted.  Things haven't been all rosy and happy, and it's taken a while for me to want to share my news again.  When things turned sour in Brasstown, my dear sister asked me to come to Richmond to help her with things here.  And so, I packed up my dear furry friends, and a lot of yarn, and here we are!  I work at an airport, checking in planes, selling the pilots fuel and talking to them while they're in the air.  It's quite different from anything I've ever done, and it took me a while to feel even competent at it.  But I'm settling in, and I like it quite a lot.

 The cats and Bella are doing well, too.  They have fallen in love with their aunt Liz, and they always love their grandma!  We live 2 blocks away, so we all see each other a lot.
 Definitely the biggest perk of my new job, besides no chopping onions or managing anyone, is that I get to knit when it's slow at the airport.  What a luxury!  Pictured are the last two pairs of socks I've made at the airport.  The ones on the right are still in progress, but I turned the heels yesterday.  I also found a great new Knit Night, at Dances with Wool, my favorite new LYS.  If you're ever in Richmond, you must stop by! 


I've been plugging along on Mom's Birkin sweater, but it's slow going.  I had no idea how much harder it is to knit three colors at once, as opposed to two.  It's a pain in the butt, quite honestly, and I can't wait until this yolk is done!  It is lovely, though.  I'm also knitting a large purple cardigan, but it's too big to knit at work, and the Birkin is too complicated.  They're strictly for home knitting.

This morning, I finally went into my new studio.  What was once my sister's den is now full of looms and yarn.  And I do mean full.  I need to sell my 8-shaft LeClerc Colonial to make room.  Partly because I never use it, and partly because it's too big for the room I have, I've posted it on Craigslist.  If you know anyone who would want it, please let me know!  She's a beauty, made in 1978 and lovingly cared for since I've owned her.  She's made lots of rugs with me, but I really love fine threads and lace, and that's what I want to do now.
  Well, what's kept me in the new studio this morning is weaving rose path on Jenny, and I want to get back to it.  I'll try to keep up with my blog more, and let you know about my adventures in Virginia!



Comments

LA said…
I love that you are enjoying your new life adventure. I'm also looking forward to our Fall lunch meeting!!!!
Sharon said…
Holy cow, what a crazy turn of events. I’m glad you’ve been able to move on and do it with aplomb. That your sister has room for your looms is truly marvelous. I hope the airport job is what you need at this point and am glad to see you’ve got plenty of fiber therapy and your furry weaving assistants are there to help you.

Popular Posts