Ketchup

 Another gap in time!  I apologize, if you've been waiting to hear from me, and I'd like to say I've been busy, but really, there's always something else I'd rather do than sit at a computer when I'm not at work.  This time, I am at work, on a slow Thursday due to weather.  Planes don't fly as much, especially smaller planes, when there are pop-up storms everywhere, like there are today.
  We should all just curl up with a good loom, like Purl has!  My mom isn't doing well, and didn't want her loom in the house to nag at her when she can't use it.  So I took it home with me, and Purl called it hers.  It has a warp in the reed right now, but I'm not sure what it will become yet, and the heddles wait for me to thread them.
  I'm almost done with the airplane scarf from Bertha Gray Hayes book.  I finished the Alpace-tencel warp, and started the second with tencel and hand-dyed bamboo.  But I ran out of the tencel and had to switch to just bamboo.  It's not obvious in the picture, but it kind of fades from silvery to more blue as it goes on.  
  When it's done, it's time to put my big girl panties on and make the Davidson tartan.  Mom bought the yarn for it many years ago, but never got around to making it, and I've promised to do it.  Why am I so nervous?  It's just weaving twill!  But I'm worried about all the ends from weaving stripes, and nervous about weaving with wool, because I've been weaving with cellulose fibers for so many years, and well, I just want it to be perfect!  I'll let you know how it goes.


I've been knitting a lot.  I thought my promotion at the airport from the front desk to the Charter department would mean I couldn't knit at work anymore, and at first, I was right, too much to do.  But once I was trained and got the hang of it, there is a lot of time with nothing happening, like now.
  So, this winter, I've made two sweaters, both wool.  The one on the left is Rowan Felted Tweed in a pattern I bought on Ravelry, Naima by Ankestrick.  I love the eyelet pattern that runs from the raglan sleeves to the pockets and on to the hem.  It was super easy to make, and it's the perfect everyday sweater for those chilly days in the office.  Just barely visible is the fair isle knitting in the left pocket.  It was supposed to be in both pockets, but I didn't think it showed enough to bother with twice.  



Now, I'm onto something completely different:  a cotton lace cardigan inspired by a sweater in the Sundance catalog.  I had a ton of cotton flake yarn from a Tuesday Weavers challenge many years ago, so I've been using it up.  I love the way it makes the lace look, with its thick and thin textures.  I'm working on the sleeves now, and they are just garter, which is a little boring, but a good thing to knit in the office, so I can drop it when I need to do something.


 My next knitting frontier is going to be brioche stitch.  My first attempt was a failure, so I need to approach it more scientifically.  As in:  Follow the directions!

Jennifer is still for sale!  $1000, pick up only!  I have a couple of people interested, but they haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I do love her; you've seen many projects on her over the years, but she just takes up too much room!  I have to sidle my way through the studio, and I want room to spread out.  If you know anyone who would love her, please let them know, and let me know!
  

Comments

LA said…
That cotton flake yarn is still sticking around on my shelves, too! But, I did decide on a project for those finished panels!!! It's time for them to move on out!!! The airplane scarf is looking great...the perfect scarf to wear at work!

Popular Posts