First Friday

  What a relief it was to read the newspaper this morning without worrying about what crazy new thing had been said/done overnight!  The poem of Wednesday sings through my head, colored by that brave woman's sunny coat, and the Bernie meme keeps making me laugh out loud.  So, having today off, I tidied the house and went to the studio, full of hope and looking forward to the future.  

  The hand-dyed warp on Tootsie is on the second scarf, the first having gone to Nashville.  I didn't take any final pictures, sadly, because I didn't want them posted before the gift was received.  Trust me when I say the drape was absolutely wonderful!  The colors were a bit...meh!  But neutral in a minty kind of way. 

  I didn't like the way the pattern looked so washed out with the 6-shaft overshot from Strickler, so I changed it after cutting the first one off, to Waldenweave from Bertha Gray Hayes, a pattern that I've been dying to try since my false start on the turned overshot pattern a couple of years ago.  I'm half-way through, and it shows up much better.  Of course, the hem stitching is beaded!

  And I finished three 8-point twill kitchen towels to go in the same box for my son.  Now, I have only one towel left to go, and I'm thinking I can finish it today.  Then what fun shall I weave?  I'm thinking about that bright orange-yellow-red warp, maybe with black for the weft?  Overshot, probably, because it's my favorite!

  I've also finished the sunburst quilt top, which now needs a border and a backing.  It'll have to be machine quilted because it's all batiks and full of seams, but some beading will be necessary.  It's just wall-hanging size, about 36" square.  It's inspired me to plan more paper-pieced tops, and even to think about hand-dyeing some cotton to take it to one more level.  I'm thinking stars and a moon and a swirling Milky Way.  Stay tuned.

 











  It's frosty outside this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny and 55 this afternoon, which means Wiley will get a car ride to a park for a nice walk later today.  Here's to hope and health and a brighter future for all of us!




Comments

LA said…
Hey Maggie! That looks amazing!!! I'm so glad you've found your mojo!

Popular Posts