Down on the farm



For those who can't visualize 135 pounds of granola, I submit this photo.  It's a lot.  I used two of these bins of it to fill what I could of the order I had.  I was 30 jars short of completing it, because the jars, from China, are backordered for 3 months.  Didn't know that until I had the second batch going, but between the restaurants and housekeeping, who also use the granola, it will be gone by the middle of the week.  I can't post the recipe for this granola, because it belongs to one of the chefs, but trust me, it is not healthy!  Sugar, honey, butter, apple juice concentrate!  Oh, my!  But it is quite yummy!
I did finally get to start on the blackberries by noon, and have them all ready to be jammed today, but it was such a gorgeous afternoon, I cleaned up early and went over the hill to see the garden.  And this is what I saw:

Yes, a beautiful day on the farm!

Comments

LA said…
Enjoy this Spring day. John's garden is awesome!
Tina J said…
I definitely have garden envy! Enjoy the sunshine!
Bonnie said…
What does housekeeping use the granola for?
Maggie said…
Bonnie, housekeeping puts little bags of it for an amenity. Guests get a little bag, and hopefully buy a bigger one when they leave!
Bonnie said…
Kind of like a mint on your pillow. Very good idea. Guess you can tell I have never been a gust there. Thanks, Maggie.
Unknown said…
Hi, Hugh here. Jeanne and I love the top photo! The blog is fun/easy to read and the pictures beautiful. Jeanne hopes to see finished work, and has ordered her loom!

Popular Posts