Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Dress in a Day

The Merchant & Mills Factory Dress is another kind of frumpy, plain design, but there was something that made me want to make it anyway.   When LouAnn and I were out and about a few weeks ago, I got the end of a bolt at Gina's Bernina, a tiny print of pink flowers.  It wasn't enough to make anything, only 1.25 yards, but I had 3 yards of pink seersucker I bought last summer at Textiles in Nashville that was still uncut.  I put the two together, and made a frumpy, plain design cheerful and spring-like.  















It was almost warm enough to wear yesterday, and is seen hanging from the Red Bud tree that is about to burst into copious bloom.  But the garden beckoned, and is now about 2/3 tilled and weeded.  The leaves in the front yard finally got raked and composted.  I had to be content with admiring my morning's work--6 hours to finish the dress!--and enjoying the rest of a beautiful early spring day.
  

1 comment:

LA said...

I just now realized that you used 2 fabrics on that dress! That worked up perfectly!