Playing Hooky

It's Tuesday, and I should go to the Center to weave with my friends.  But, friends, I have a new sewing room, and I have new fabric and new patterns, and only one more day off to play with them!  And Miss Etta wants to hang out with me today.

Okay, it's a mess right now!  And the AVL is right behind that chair, taking up 2/3 of the room, but I will whip the room into shape this morning, and get at least one project going.  Let's see, what should it be?
What about the beautiful white metallasse I bought at Textiles last month?  It will make the yummiest long sleeved shirt!
Or what about the gorgeous skirt fabric?  That would take about two minutes to make!  But I don't think I have a black zipper, and I don't have time for a trip to JoAnn's today.

Here are the two new patterns, and the luscious fabric to make the dress on the left.  But I don't have underlining to start that.  There's the bathroom curtain, waiting to be wet finished and hemmed and hung up.  That's a definite possibility.


Okay, here's the real job that must be done, and it will make me feel as if I'm at Tuesday Weaving!  These are the many, many placemats I made on Linda's warp at the Center.  They've been washed and need serging, separating and hemming.  That is the first thing I'll do, then.  And while I do that, I'll dream up other things to sew.  
  I'll miss my Tuesday Weaving friends, but I know LouAnn and Tina will blog about the action on tuesdayweavers.blogspot.com, and I'll catch up with everyone later!
Happy Tuesday!

Comments

LA said…
Ah shucks....we'll miss you today! When I taught school, we called them "mental health" days. Sometimes you just need to tackle the projects at home that are screaming at you! Yes, you ARE hearing voices!!!!
Tina J said…
Good for you Maggie, sometimes you just have to do it! Check the blog for an update on Linda.

Popular Posts